Wow fellas you gotta try this recipe (kudos Treeguy)

This is our main discussion forum...post anything that relates to bowhunting or archery.

Wow fellas you gotta try this recipe (kudos Treeguy)

Postby Newarcher on Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:15 pm

Kudos to Treeguy....I bastardized his recipe. Here's what I did:

4 beautiful backstrap pieces of venison
salt
pepper
1 jalapeno pepper
blue cheese crumples

What I did was salted and peppered and then seared the backstraps on the grill for about two minutes on each side. Then I took them off the grill and cut a slit in the middle of the backstrap and stuffed a 1/8" inch slice of jalapeno pepper in and then filled the cavity with blue cheese crumples. Wrap the entire thing with bacon and secure with toothpicks. Grill until you achieve the desired doneness.

I am telling you the blue cheese and the backstrap go very very well with each other. Treeguy's original recipe called for creme cheese but I am a blue cheese kind of dude.

My wife almost asked me to delay my surgery and go get more backstraps.

New
You probably heard I ain't in the letting deer walk business....I'm in the button buck killing business and cousin, business is a boomin.
Newarcher

Re: Wow fellas you gotta try this recipe (kudos Treeguy)

Postby fireman on Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:08 am

I tried a similar recipe a while back....I'll try and remember it here for ya....

Take a piece of backstrap that is approx 10"-12" long....
Butterfly it by slicing it lengthwise down to within 1/4" of going through....and lay it open
Now butterfly each side stopping at the 1/4" mark so the finished product is a flat piece of meat...

Now rub some olive oil on the meat, salt and pepper it....and sear it on the grill for approx 5 minutes...
Place the meat on a plate and now spread blue cheese on the backstrap.
Roll the backstrap up to its original shape and tie is together with 3 or 4 pieces of string
Put it back on the grill and cook to medium rare...

Pull the backstrap from the grill and wrap in foil...allowing it to rest for 10-15 minutes

eat!!!!!
Why shoot on the last day what you didn't want to shoot on the first?
fireman

Postby Newarcher on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:17 am

That right there sounds like nothing short of awesomeness! :D

I once saw a guy who took a pork loin and made cuts in it to put garlic cloves in it. He then smathered the entire thing with grape jelly and some other concoction and I thought (that is going to suck three times over :D). Well we weren't staying for dinner that night unfortunately because I tasted a bite and that grape jelly made it awesome!

New
You probably heard I ain't in the letting deer walk business....I'm in the button buck killing business and cousin, business is a boomin.
Newarcher

Postby WI-DOE-MAKER on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:32 am

NICE!! Now add it to our new Recipe Index!!!!!
Life is all about ASS, you're
either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it,
tryin to get a piece of it, behaving like one, or you live with one!!
WI-DOE-MAKER

Postby Treeguy on Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:09 am

Glad that worked out for you New. I have yet to make them for anyone who didn't love them. Even people who claim to not like venison.
I'm always in a hurry to sit and wait patiently.
Treeguy

Return to Bowhunting