got a 5 pointer with my rifle today pic added

This is our main discussion forum...post anything that relates to bowhunting or archery.

got a 5 pointer with my rifle today pic added

Postby Landon on Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:29 pm

Well its been a tough year with very little deer sightings. Today it was really foggy in the morning . I climbed in the stand and the fog began to lift sooner than I thought. The stand I am in is high on a ridge over looking a small river about 150 yards away and down hill. There is a trail (just wide enough for a truck) then the river. About an hour after my sit started I saw two small does walking down the trail below me. Then about an hour later the two (pretty sure the same two) came running down the ridge beside me and up mine straight to me . They made their way under my stand and I could see one was a button buck. They milled around in front of me for a long time then they bedded down about 20 yards in front of me. I looked at them for an hour. It was about 11:00 a.m. I was starting to think about lunch and how I could get down from my stand without making them run (no way) . Then out of the blue a large doe being chased by a five pointer came barreling down the same ridge and stopped in the bottom. Then the doe took off and up my ridge about 60 yards below me. I had the .270 up and ready ,she passed an opening then he did, and I stopped him with a mouth grunt. I shot and he made about 5 steps and went down. He is a big body deer with a small rack. I was reall happy with they way my .270 performed. It was my first deer with it. Im very happy to get the meat. I took one crappy cell phone pic ,not worth posting. It was 70 today so I had to get the meat on ice quick. Im doing a euro mount just for the heck of it.

This is actually the exit wound side. I was surprised how much damage the .270 did.
Last edited by Landon on Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NewArcher for President 2012
Landon

Re: got a 5 pointer with my rifle today

Postby Jerod B. on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:59 am

neato.....I miss my .270...think I shot 10 deer with it....

They got a camo one at the outdoor store with the triangular barrel, remington 700...i want it bad, but I don't really, really need it... :D
Men don't grow up.....they just grow older.
Jerod B.

Postby mrmagoo62 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:15 pm

Way to go, I know I love my 270 with 130 grain core lock's , for me I just can not beat it.

mr magoo
mrmagoo62

Postby Newarcher on Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:25 pm

Awesome, congrats....but I'd have shot the five pointer AND the button buck.

I can't resist a button buck~!

New
You probably heard I ain't in the letting deer walk business....I'm in the button buck killing business and cousin, business is a boomin.
Newarcher

Postby Jason on Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:48 pm

Way to go Landon!

You got rewarded for sticking it out in your stand for so long.
To post a Picture: Load into photobucket.... copy and paste the entire URL from the IMG line in photobucket to the body of your post. Voila!
Jason

Postby Newarcher on Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:49 pm

Show us the picture........crappy picture or not!

New
You probably heard I ain't in the letting deer walk business....I'm in the button buck killing business and cousin, business is a boomin.
Newarcher

Postby Double B on Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:14 pm

Congrats Landon!

Meat in the freezer is always good!
Double B
Cheektowaga, NY

Mathews DXT
Rage 2-blade
Lonewolf treestand
HSS safety vest harness
Tru-ball release
Gold tips
Rutwear clothing
Double B

Postby Landon on Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:24 pm

Thanks guys. New the pic is on my cell. I will have to email it to myself then save it to photobucket. I will do it but not tonight. Im tired
NewArcher for President 2012
Landon

Return to Bowhunting